Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
The Teacher and Students Portals are designed to work on tablets as well as PC’s or laptops. This allows you to work from any web access point which may mean assigning labs to be completed at home.
These resources are being sponsored by the Faith and Science Counsel, the North America Division’s Education Dept. and Loma Linda University. This allows us to provide them to our schools for no additional cost.
Simply click on the Login button at the top, right hand side of the main menu. Then click the Request a Login link under the sign in fields.
- Once you have a teacher login, you can add users within the teacher portal by using this link http://www.bydesignlabs.org/sysadmin/users/userList/.
- Additionally, you can get to this page by clicking on the ADD button at the top left corner of the information fields.
From the dashboard, click on the ADD button just under your user name and choose New Class. It will take you to this page. http://www.bydesignlabs.org/sysadmin/classes/classList?newClass=true
Then click on the New Class button just above the class list area and fill out information fields. Then click Save.
- In the main menu click on Assignments and go to this page. http://www.bydesignlabs.org/sysadmin/classAssignment/assignmentList/
- Click on the class from the list to the far left for which you wish to assign labs.
- Use the Search field to look for topics or lab titles to filter your choices. Then click on the buttons next to the labs you wish to use and then click assign in the bottom right hand of the page.
Student’s work is accessible directly from the Dashboard by choosing the class you wish to check from the class list on the left and then either clicking on the student’s name or the specific assignment you wish to check.
Links to these virtual experiences are embedded within the assignments but can be accessed directly from the By Design Labs web page under the Sample Labs tab.
Because our interface has been designed for you to create your own lab sets of student prompts and links, you may assign the students unique science experiences regardless of the textbook used.
Yes. Absolutely, and you may make them accessible to all teachers by getting three other teachers to verify it. This will help us add to the overall resources for our school system.